3/4/10

eFilter v2.0


My preliminary re-design for the next prototype. This filter will use a 2" diameter pipe to allow the water to loiter longer in the filter, and to increase the surface area. I'm also reducing the space between elements, and adding a divider to make sure they do not accidentally touch when the water is running. The pink spacers, and green dividers are ABS. The spacers will be 1/16" thick, and the dividers 1/8". This design also calls for 11 sets of elements. Before I start this build I'll repeat a few of the tests on the first prototype, maybe I'll be able to avoid the fabrication process for v2.0 The filter would be substantially larger, I'm estimating about double the length and width. For some of these parts I may need to use a laser-cutter service to get the level of detail needed. I'd hate for this thing to shock me because I was a little sloppy with the tin-snips, or with the drill press. I'll also get a water-hardness measuring kit to get actual reportable data during round two. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment