2/17/10

Electro-filter


This is my design for the electrolysis-style pre-filter. The idea is to run a low current through the water to get the ionic minerals to form molecules. These larger molecules will then run through my three stage filter to remove them. The six screens are made of marine grade stainless steel. I estimate that it'll cost me as much as a 3watt light bulb to operate. There are several articles that also suggest this will "deactivate" or even kill water-borne viruses. I got this idea from a video I saw on Youtube. In the video our host demonstrates how to separate water into oxygen and hydrogen. The part that caught my eye was the change of the water after the electrolysis process. The mesh discs are 1" diameter, as are the spacers. The two threaded ends are for 1" diameter pipe. With a little filing I found that they fit snugly into the 1.25" coupler.

No comments:

Post a Comment