11/17/09

Whole House Water Filter


I've noticed over the years, that there is a lot of sediment in our tap water. After talking to several of my neighbors, I have learned that it is fairly common to replace their faucets about once every 3 to 4 years due to hard water deposits. I looked into water softeners, and they use either sodium or potassium to 'soften' the water. I don't need more salt in my diet, and my friend cannot tolerate more potassium in his diet after his kidney transplant. When I looked into pre-built filters, they are either several thousand dollars, or use reverse osmosis (wasting several gallons of water a day). My solution is a three (soon to be four) stage water filter. The first filter is on the right, and last on the left. The first will be one of the cheaper filters (10 to 20 micron) as a pre-cleaning. The second will be either 1 or 2 micron, and the last will be either 0.1 or 0.5 micron. This should clean out nearly all bacteria, and 'floaters' in the water. It will not touch the ionized minerals though. I learned at a talk about bio-terrorism that by running a low current through the water you can cause the ionized minerals to "clump", allowing the filters to remove them. The current will also kill most of the viruses in the water. Once I have the fourth filter designed/built I'll post more. (please ignore the mess)

4 comments:

  1. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. whole house water filter reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following this, you then place the new filter inside and put back on the cover. under sink water filtration

    ReplyDelete
  4. . Always wear steel-toed safety when repairing any home appliance no matter how small it is and make sure that you do the repair work Troubleshooting Your Ice-O-Matic Commercial Ice Maker

    ReplyDelete