3/30/10

Round 2 of testing



This is my test set up. The garden hose on the right is pulling water after the in-line whole house filter I previously showed. The ball valve is connected to my eFilter, then an adapter for the 1/4" tubing to the 1micron filter. During this test I used 120vAC. I ran the water through the filter with the current on for about 2 minutes prior to water quality testing to ensure the water had gone through both filters.

..the test results post serial filter. If you compare this with the previous tests you'll see that the results are about the same. There is a very slight drop in the the water hardness. I'm still getting that bizarre nitrate test result. I'm not sure what to make of that. This proves I'm moving in the right direction, and that I need to make v2.1. I've done some reading and ran across an article (I can't find it via google atm) that was doing similar de-ionization of water. They were using around 170 volts at about 240hz. Since my goal is to use a minimal of electricity, I'll investigate using an even higher frequency 1khz? I'm a bit leery about this, I don't want the FCC coming down on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment